Stock20.com License Agreement
(Date: [date of purchase])
Purchaser: [name of customer], [address of customer], [e-mail of customer].
Stock20.com Composition: [song name]
This license agreement ("Agreement") is made between Stock20.com ("Stock20.com") and you, (the "Purchaser"), collectively (the "Parties").
The Stock20.com composition titled "[song name]" is granted to the purchaser with an UNLIMITED, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, worldwide, royalty-free license for use in television production, radio or audio production, commercials, film, multimedia and other media projects.
Your license does not allow you to share, re-sell, reproduce, or transfer the music itself to other individuals or companies for their use. If you do this, you will be subject to fines and criminal prosecution. You will also be a bad person (what would your mother think?)
You may not make the Stock20.com Music Tracks available to your clients in a "self-serve" manner. In other words, they must not have ongoing creative control (mixing, editing, changing songs, changing synchronized content), but the Stock20.com Music Tracks can play on a DVD that you (the Purchaser) make for them.
Stock20.com, and all copyright relating to all music and sounds in the Stock20.com library, are owned or controlled by Daniel Rudd.
Stock20.com grants you, the Purchaser, the right to duplicate and release the music as part of your production in whatever medium you choose (video tape, film, CD ROM, DVD, etc.).
Stock20.com grants you, the Purchaser, the right to use the music as a soundtrack "synced" with visual images as part of your production.
Public Performance Rights
Stock20.com grants you, the Purchaser, the right to use the music as part of the public viewing or broadcast of your production (including but not limited to TV shows, videos, Dads, web sites, pod-casts, multimedia presentations, and films).
Regional and national broadcast performance rights shall be granted under the terms of the corresponding performance rights societies. A producer generally does not have to pay any performance royalties to organization such as ASCAP and BMI, but they are expected to include cue sheet information with their production. For information on cue sheets please visit: www.stock20.com/cuesheets
You, the Purchaser, shall:
1. Use the Stock20.com Music Tracks without restriction for your lifetime within different or various works or projects as you see fit.
2. Broadcast the Stock20.com Music Tracks (as part of your production) over any public or private medium that complies with FCC guidelines.
3. Transfer the Stock20.com Music Tracks to any medium necessary (video, film, reel to reel, digital, etc.) to complete your production project.
4. For audio-only projects, you must voice over the Stock20.com Music Track in intervals of 20 seconds or less. If you need more time than this, please contact us.
5. Use the music themes for any visual productions (film, video, internet, etc.) in their entire length and these productions may be duplicated without restriction.
(Restrictions) You, the Purchaser, shall not:
1. Re-record or change the music in any way without the written consent of the owner. (You may, however, edit the length to fit the needs of a project.)
2. Claim ownership or authorship of the Stock20.com Music Tracks represented under this Agreement.
3. Transfer, share or sub-lease this Agreement with any other party.
4. Sell the Stock20.com Music Tracks contained herein outright to any other individual or party. (The Stock20.com Music Tracks can be sold as part of your production, which is a clear and distinct product from the music itself.)
Limitation of Liability
Stock20.com makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, except that it warrants that it has the right to grant the license granted hereunder. The total liability of Stock20.com under this Agreement shall be limited to that part of the fee paid hereunder by you, the Purchaser, to Stock20.com for the license. You hereby agree that this license is granted to you without any other warranty or recourse.
You, the Purchaser, agree to hold harmless, indemnify and defend Stock20.com, from and against any losses, damages, fines and expenses (including attorney’s fees and costs) arising out of or relating to any claims that you have copied any materials (other than materials provided by Stock20.com) in connection with your production or media in violation of another party’s rights or in violation of any law. If you are importing or exporting media (i.e. CD, tape, et.) from the United States, you shall indemnify and hold Stock20.com harmless from and against any import and export duties or other claims arising from such importation.
1. This Agreement shall constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between the Parties.
2. This Agreement may be amended by Stock20.com at any time. The ammended agreement will only affect the license agreements which are purchased after those amendments have been made. Licenses which have already been purchased will not be superseded by the new terms unless both parties agree in writing. This Agreement may not be amended by you the purchaser.
3. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to conflicts of law provisions, and you, the Purchaser, hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the State of Michigan. Any and all unresolved disputes arising under this Agreement shall be submitted to arbitration in the State of Michigan. The arbitration shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
4. This Agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is hereby expressly excluded.
5. Nothing in this Agreement shall be interpreted as constituting or creating a joint venture or partnership between the Parties.
Purchaser, by payment of the license fee, and completion of purchase through online or off-line transcation, agrees to all terms and conditions of the License Agreement for the above Stock20.com Music Tracks.
[date of purchase]